Registration is officially SOLD OUT for the New England Federation of Humane Societies’ Leadership Summit!
When: Friday, May 20, 2022 from 8:00am – 3:30pm
Where: Southbridge Hotel & Conference Center, Southbridge, Massachusetts
This Leadership Summit is geared towards the top leaders of animal welfare organizations and it’s these folks who will drive the summit’s content. Attendees will be invited to submit topics they wish to discuss with fellow colleagues and the top nine topics will be selected.
The day will be structured with three blocks of time for breakout sessions and one keynote speaker presentation. Each breakout session will offer three different topics, all facilitated by a moderator, from which attendees can choose. The sessions will be a free-flowing exchange of ideas where you can safely share your thoughts and ask questions among supportive colleagues. These conversations will be led by you—our moderators will be there to ensure everyone can share and to help keep the conversations going. The key points of each breakout session will be captured and shared with all attendees after the event.
Keynote Speaker: Our keynote speaker is B.J. Rogers, Chief Learning Officer at Emancipet.
Agenda: The full agenda with topics will be available two weeks prior to the Summit to allow attendees to come prepared for the conversation.
Fine Print: Cost: $75*
Attendance will be open to:
- 55 attendees who work within animal welfare in the New England states
- Leaders who hold positions within the top two levels of their organization
- Limited to no more than two people per organization
The goal of the Leadership Summit is to create an opportunity for leaders to come together, meet each other, talk about what is happening in our communities, discuss ways we are currently addressing community needs, share ideas, and, hopefully, lay the groundwork for future collaborations.
While the Leadership Summit is directly geared towards the top-level leaders in New England, other animal welfare professionals and volunteers are invited to join in the conversation during our monthly New England Regional Animal Welfare calls.
If your organization is outside New England, you can still register for the waitlist for this event. We will reach out if we can accommodate you starting 4/22/22 – those on the waitlist will be contacted in the order in which they signed up.
*For those who wish to attend but have a financial barrier to registration, please email Caitie Tomlinson, to discuss your situation.
COVID-19 Safety Precautions:
- All attendees will be required to show proof of vaccination against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be checked at registration on the morning of the Leadership Summit. Attendees can show proof of vaccination with any of the following:
- a CDC vaccination card
- a digital image of your CDC vaccination card
- an image of any official immunization record
- Attendees who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons must present proof of a negative test administered within 72 hours prior to the start of the Leadership Summit. Test results will be checked at registration the morning of the Leadership Summit.
We will continue to monitor CDC, State, and local guidance and requirements leading up to the event and will update this information accordingly.
There are rooms reserved for both May 19th and May 20th. The room rate is $139/night + 11.7% taxes.
Reservations need to be made by April 19th or the hotel can’t guarantee the rates. In order to receive the contracted group rate, attendees should call 508-765-8000 and request their reservation be made in the New England Federation of Humane Societies Leadership Summit room block.
Southbridge Hotel and Conference Center
14 Mechanic Street
Southbridge, MA 01550
We look forward to seeing you there!
If you have any questions about the Leadership Summit, please email Caitie Tomlinson.
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS